Tuesday 26 February 2013

How DO you get through your day when...

A much loved family member rejects her God, her husband, her family, her church family and leaves many reeling with the suddenness of it all. So many questions and no answers follow. Just emptiness, shattered dreams, brokenness.

WE don’t get through our day, through the emotional fog enveloping us when we receive heartbreaking news. It is GOD who carries us, for He is faithful. He simply gives us the next thing to do. While we silently pray through our tears and work, He is there giving stability to our life as we are held in His everlasting arms.

We are not at the mercy of chance or adrift in chaos. We know who is in charge and are comforted with Jesus’ words, “Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matt. 11: 28-30)

Through suffering, we go to God, trusting Him for it is He who weaves the broken threads of our lives. And so we look beyond this broken world to what He has in store for His children, and that gives peace – the peace that transcends all understanding.

Isaiah 43:1-3a
But now, this is what the Lord says – he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel; “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior…”

2 comments:

  1. We were shocked and saddened to hear. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. May you indeed feel the peace that passes all understanding. God WILL give you all the strength you need each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cecile - I have no idea what has happened but I will pray for you and your family. Keep on leaning on the Rock. Alisa

    ReplyDelete