Wednesday 13 February 2013

Sadness

Isaiah 43:1-3a has been our comfort today:
"But now, this is what the Lord says - he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel. Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour."

Our 'son' Joseph and his wife and 4 year old Lynn lost their precious one month old little girl today. This is the email we received from Kenya this morning, with the heading "In all situations God is good":
Dear dad and mom, We really need your prayers. We are very sorry sorry to pass this sad news to you that we have lost our new baby girl. It is very sad moment to my family. I even don't know how to explain to my girl Lynn who is disturbing me with many question about her sister. We need your prayers. With love Joseph.

Joseph is a pastor working in a very poor remote area in Kenya. He lost his mother at a very young age and was abandoned by his father. He grew up in a Christian group home from the age of 7 when we sponsored him and continue to do so. He took post secondary training at a Bible College and graduated as pastor. We are privileged to have him call us Dad and Mom and are thankful for regular email contact. Distance is great during times as this. May God surround this family with His peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment