Wednesday 1 May 2013

Poem for those who are struggling....

There are many people who quietly struggle with various trials. May this poem be a source of comfort and strength for you:

STEP BY STEP

He does not lead me year by year,
Nor even day by day;
But step by step my path unfolds,
My Lord directs my way.

Tomorrow's plans I do not know;
I only know this minute.
But He will say, "This is the way,
By faith now walk ye in it."

And I am glad that it is so,
Today's enough to bear,
And when tomorrow comes, His grace
Shall far exceed its care.

What need to worry then, or fret?
The God Who gave His Son
Holds all my moments in His hand
And gives them one by one.

author unknown

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cecile,
    May I copy this poem and send it to someone?
    I'm doing very well -thanks for asking!!!
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Gloria...I received this poem from a friends years ago - she didn't know the author.

      ck

      Delete
  2. This is such a wonderful poem. Thanks so much for sharing! I needed just this kind of uplifting piece today.

    ReplyDelete