Friday 26 April 2013

Chicken Noodle Casserole



When we have crispy coated chicken, I always take two chicken legs/backs attached and roast them in a separate covered dish in the oven. Then I use the extra chicken to make this Chicken Noodle Casserole.

2 cups cooked chicken
2-1/4 cups dry spaghettini, broken into 2 inch pieces
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I use medium or old)
1/4 cup finely diced green pepper (I keep chopped frozen green pepper in the freezer)
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1/4 cup finely diced celery (optional)
1-1/2 cups chicken broth (I make chicken broth from 'Better Than Bouillon')
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup additional cheddar cheese (for topping)

Cook spaghetti and drain (don't overcook).  Mix all other ingredients together (except cheese for topping). Add cooked spaghetti and mix well. Top with the last ingredient 1/2 cup cheese.
Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes until bubbly. If top becomes too cooked, cover loosely with foil.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think that eventually I'm going to try make my own cream soup. I do have a recipe but haven't tested it yet :-)

    ReplyDelete