Wednesday 1 May 2013

Spring Days

How I'm loving the sunshine. We planted a bit of lettuce behind the house and it's coming nicely. Can't wait for fresh garden salads again.


Sixteen years ago, a grade one boy came off the bus proudly carrying a bedraggled, sorry looking plant for Mother's Day. If that plant could have talked, I'm sure there would be stories of little boys tussling on the bus ride home with the plant thrown in the mix. I hugged that little boy, thanking him for such a wonderful gift but secretly wondered how that plant would ever revive. But survive it did and now it thrives each year again!


And another from the garden that comes back year after year.......in awe of our Creator!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful...and yummy. I love fresh greens with a dressing of lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper...that is it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much of each do you use? I'd like to try that...

    ReplyDelete