Thursday 21 March 2013

Acceptance

We live in a broken world and, even if life goes well for us today, there will come a time when we are faced with suffering in one form or another. The deepest lessons I have learned have come through those times in my life that I would not have chosen. Also, those who have gone through deep suffering have taught me so much. Everyone responds differently but acceptance is the key to peace.

Knowing that our lives are not at the mercy of chance but led by God gives us peace as we carry on.  Suffering is not for nothing for God has all our moments in His everlasting arms and in faith we trust. Faith is not a feeling but a willed obedience on the Rock which is Jesus Christ. He took upon Himself our sins, our griefs, our sufferings.

When we pray and ask God to remove our suffering and, if the answer is no, then we know that He has something better in store for us. This life is temporary and, as His children, we are moving toward a Heavenly Kingdom. And in the mean time, He gives us the next thing to do - dishes to wash, laundry to do, sick to visit...all for Him!

THE PLAN OF THE MASTER WEAVER

My life is but a weaving
Between the Lord and me;
I may not choose the colors–
He knows what they should be.
For He can view the pattern
Upon the upper side
While I can see it only
On this, the under side.

Sometimes He weaves in sorrow,
Which seems so strange to me;
But I will trust His judgment
And work on faithfully.
‘Tis He who fills the shuttle,
And He knows what is best;
So I shall weave in earnest,
And leave to Him the rest.

Not ’til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needed
In the Weaver’s skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.

~ Benjamin Malachi Franklin


No comments:

Post a Comment