Wednesday 30 October 2013

"Ma, you're getting old...."

Yes, my dear sons say these kinds of things - boys are brutally honest and any sensitive bone in my body has been desensitized over the years :-) so I'm quite used to it by now.

Today, though, I came face to face with the reality of aging me thinks. I was making a purchase in a store and couldn't quite figure out why the price rang in cheaper than what I thought it would be. "Must be a sale today," I reasoned, but then decided to check the receipt once I was home. GULP...double GULP....I received a 'Senior's Discount'. Oh boy...maybe it's time to color the grey... But on second thought, I do love receiving discounts :-)


7 comments:

  1. LOL don't you love how boys are so out spoken . I have one to LOL
    I Found you at another blog :)
    Blessings, Renee
    http://thesimplelife2017.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - I deleted your comment because it didn't quite fit in with the topic here, but I'll respond on your blog when I have some time. :-)

      Delete
  3. My son...to a T

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great laugh! Enjoy the future discounts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow can you believe it is November already..
    How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popping by to say hi :)

    ReplyDelete