Tuesday 13 August 2013

"Wanting less is probably a better blessing than having more"

 I've been pondering a lot lately on the topic of 'minimalism' and may write about this on my blog one day. In the meantime, here is a quote I came across by Mary Ellen Edmunds:

“Wanting less is probably a better blessing than having more.”

I am not one for spending time in shopping malls but once in a blue moon necessity dictates a trip there. It bothers me when I see A LOT of teenage girls out shopping and I just recently read that  93% of teenage girls (in the U.S.) list shopping as their number one choice of recreation.

We live in a culture steeped in consumerism which translates into a whole host of problems, especially debt and an abundance of stress. Wanting less gives a person more time, contentment, and of course freedom from stuff and unnecessary debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment